Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Washington vs. Westinghouse



I spent some time at the Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter School in Hyde Park, Massachusetts just on the outskirts of Boston.

There was a big college fair there, and I went to cover for a colleague. My directions gave an address of One Washington Plaza. I spent about an hour searching, asking, and guessing where it might be. Finally, I ran into a couple of APR graduates who hopped in my car and guided me there. The address was One Westinghouse Plaza! What a difference one word can make... A good lesson for a teacher!

The school was very nice, as schools go. It was located in a refitted Westinghouse factory. The people were friendly and gave me a great spot to join the fun. I also met some quality young people. They were impressive in their seriousness and maturity.

No comments: